Whiplash Treatment At Old Bridge Spine And Wellness
Whiplash can be a devastating injury, whether you receive it as the result of an auto accident or some other high-impact traumatic event. The sharp, excessive movement of the head and neck can leave you with symptoms ranging from pain and stiffness to a variety of neurological and soft tissue problems. Fortunately, you can get your neck back to normal without undergoing delicate cervical spinal surgery. Your chiropractor and other health practitioners at Old Bridge Spine and Wellness can create an integrative rehabilitation and pain relief program to help you heal.
One Injury, Many Forms of Damage
Whiplash is described as an injury, but in fact it may include multiple injuries all produced in one fateful instant. The classic auto accident scenario provides a clear understanding of the mechanics involved. When your car suddenly slows or stops, your body is restrained but your neck and head are not. The weight of the head sends it flying backward and then forward forcefully enough to cause hyperextension and hyperflexion of the neck. The resulting damage may include:
- Strained muscles or tendons in the neck, shoulders and upper back
- Damaged ligaments
- Subluxation of the cervical vertebrae and cervical facet joints
- Herniated cervical discs which may pinch neighboring nerve roots
It's not surprising that such a variety of problems may create a variety of symptoms. In addition to neck pain/stiffness from soft tissue damage and vertebral subluxation, whiplash can lead to shoulder pain, jaw pain, headaches/migraines, short-term memory problems, mood disorders, nausea, dizziness and sleep problems. Nerve impingement from whiplash can also cause symptoms of cervical radiculopathy such as pain, tingling, numbness or weakness in the arms or hands. In short, whiplash can put your whole life on hold -- and it won't get better until you get treatment for it.
Chiropractic and Functional Medicine for Whiplash
Old Bridge Spine and Wellness can help you whip your case of whiplash, not through invasive neck surgery but through conservative, safe chiropractic care and functional medicine. A visit to your chiropractor at our clinic can provide the detailed evaluation we need to prescribe the appropriate treatment regimen. Your patient care plan may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore cervical vertebral alignment
- Non-surgical spinal decompression to treat herniated discs and relieve pinched nerves
- LiteCure laser therapy to accelerate soft tissue healing while relieving neck pain and stiffness
- Massage therapy to ease muscle pain/inflammation and boost blood flow for better healing
- Corrective exercises to ensure that damaged structures regain their flexibility and strength
- Therapeutic measures such as kinesio-taping, Active Release Technique and Graston Technique
Get the Whiplash Relief You Need in Old Bridge, Freehold or Matawan
Don't let whiplash put painful limits on your life on Old ridge, Freehold or Matawan. Call Old Bridge Spine and Wellness at (732) 316-5895 for an evaluation so we can develop a "whole body" program to relieve your symptoms!