Neck Pain Treatments in Old Bridge, Freehold and Matawan, NJ
Neck injuries can bring about many symptoms, including stiffness, pain and an increase in headaches. Our chiropractor offers natural neck pain treatments in Old Bridge, Freehold and Matawan, NJ.
Common Neck Pain Causing Injuries
- Car Accidents – While whiplash is the most common car accident injury to the neck, you can still experience neck pain and stiffness from other car accident related neck injuries, like herniated discs.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – As we age, the discs in the spine start to deteriorate. If this occurs in the neck, it can lead to pain, pinched nerves and a loss of range of motion.
- Fibromyalgia – Fibromyalgia can cause increased pain in the shoulders and neck.
- Poor Posture – Not practicing good posture and ergonomics while sitting and standing can lead to neck pain and stiffness, especially if you have a head forward posture.
- Spinal Stenosis – This condition causes a narrowing of the canal surrounding the nerve roots and/or spinal cord. If the narrowing occurs in the neck and or upper back, it can lead to an increase in neck pain and headaches.
- Text Neck – Using cell phones, tablets, laptops and other mobile digital devices can lead to text neck, which occurs when you look down for many hours each day.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a severe neck injury that sprains and strains the soft tissues. It can even misalign the cervical vertebrae. While it typically occurs in rear-end car accidents, it can also happen due to being tackled or hit in the head.
Neck Pain Types
Neck pain typically comes in two forms, including chronic and acute. If you have acute neck pain, it means that you have had your pain for less than three months. If you have chronic neck pain, it means that you have experienced your symptoms for longer than three months.
Symptoms of a Neck Injury
- Mild to Severe Neck Pain
- Moderate to Severe Headaches
- Muscle Spasms
- Numbness and/or Tingling in the Arms
- Shoulder Pain
- Stiffness or Loss of Range of Motion in the Neck
Neck Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Freehold
Our chiropractor in Freehold can examine your neck and upper back and devise a custom neck pain treatment program to help you find neck pain relief.
Chiropractic adjustments are typically used to help maximize the range of motion of the joint. They help with misaligned vertebrae, herniated discs and whiplash.
Spinal decompression helps heal herniated discs and pinched nerves.
Massage therapy helps reduce pain while improving circulation. This treatment works well for aiding in the healing of all types of neck injuries.
Physical therapy is essential for rebuilding lost strength, reducing pain and improving the flexibility of injuries muscles, ligaments and tendons in the neck and upper back.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Old Bridge, Freehold and Matawan Chiropractor
To see if chiropractic care would help you find neck pain relief, call us at (732) 316-5895.